Food Trucks in Orlando are on the rise. According to The US Chamber of Commerce Foundation‘s Food Truck Nation Report, Orlando ranks #3 for the entire country for Food Truck environments. We all know that food trucks are hip, trendy, & delicious! They make for a great event and provide an ambiance that few other things can provide in beautiful, sunny Florida.
So you’re thinking of hosting a food truck event in Orlando? Here are a few things to consider before you get started:
- Hire an agency – Oftentimes, agencies – much like Orlando Food Truck Catering – have tons of experience. Hiring one can save you time and money in the long run. They have relationships with the food trucks, are experienced in handling logistics, and know how to run an efficient event whether you’re serving 150 people or 5000.
- Have activities – Food trucks can’t be your only attraction. The more types of activities that you can provide, the more people that you can attract! The food may draw them in initially, but the other activities, games, and interactive ideas will make them bring their friends.
- Play some music! – Who wants a stale event? A little bit of music can lighten up your event, and get people grooving while they enjoy some delicious food.
- Variety of cuisines – A variety of cuisines is crucial so that you can serve as many people as possible. Unless your event is geared towards a particular style or type of food, we recommend giving many options (depending on the number of attendees) so that you can appeal to the pickier-eaters as well.
- Promote, promote, promote! – Whether promoting by word of mouth, social media, or through news publications, it’s vital to get the word out. Simply having an event won’t be enough. Promotion can often be the most difficult piece to a successful event because you are dealing with all the other details that come along with putting something together. Reach out to an agency should you need help!
Still have questions? Want someone to bounce ideas off of? Give Orlando Food Truck Catering a call today at (407) 900-6481 or fill out the form below to get started.